On this 4 day luxury safari you will be well looked after and see some of the best that Tanzania has to offer. You will experience breath-taking wildlife in the midst of some of the most diverse landscapes; monkeys in the forest, lions in trees, elephants amongst acacias and a huge variety of animals inside a collapsed volcano. Not only will you visit Tarangire and Lake Manyara National Park but also drive into the world-famous Ngorongoro Crater.
Day 1 Arusha to Tarangire National Park
- In the morning you will be collected from your accommodation and drive straight to Tarangire, across the gently rolling Masai plains with scattered acacia trees.
- En route, you will pass many Masai in their colourful dress walking on the roadside, riding bicycles, herding their cattle and driving donkey’s carts.
- Tarangire National Park is well known for its large elephant herds. You will experience the seasonal swamps, savanna and Tarangire River in search of many animals including zebra, wildebeest, buffalo, elephant and giraffe.
- It’s possible that you will catch a glimpse of a lion stalking its prey or leopards watching and relaxing in the trees above. After an extensive game drive, having experienced the various sights and sounds of the wilderness, you will leave the park and head to a nearby campsite, where you will enjoy dinner and an overnight stay.
Day 2 Fly to Ngorongoro Conservation Area
- In the morning you will fly from the Tarangire National Park to the Ngorongoro Conservation Area, a unique natural phenomenon and a World Heritage Site.
- The Crater is undoubtedly one of the most breath-taking wildlife safari sites in the world, with the 600-metre high crater wall offering incredible wildlife viewing opportunities..
Day 3 Explore Ngorongoro Crater
- Enjoy a full day to explore the Ngorongoro Crater where you can expect to see a diverse range of wildlife, including buffalo, warthog, wildebeest, zebra, hippo and elephant.
- There’s also a huge population of predators: lion, hyena, jackal, cheetah and leopard. The resident population of black rhino is a real treat, as they’re very difficult to spot elsewhere in Tanzania. Late in the evening you will head to the nearby camp site for an overnight sleep.
Day 4 Lake Manyara National Park
- After breakfast, you will drive to Lake Manyara National Park, a small but diverse park 120km west of Arusha.
- The park is well known for its shallow, salt lake.
- It covers a large area of the park, flooding and drying with the seasons and is home to thousands of flamingos and over 500 other bird species. On your exploration of the park you will see monkeys, giraffe, zebra, wildebeest, buffalo, elephant and with some luck, lions lounging in the trees.
- In the afternoon, you will drive back through Arusha city straight to the airport. Or an additional accommodation can be arranged for an extra cost.
- Park fees for the non-residents
- All activities unless labelled as optional
- All accommodation unless listed as upgrade
- A professional driver/guide
- All transportation unless labelled as optional
- All Taxes/VAT
- Meals & Drinks
- International flights
- Additional accommodation before and at the end of the tour
- Tips, Tipping guideline US$10.00 pp per day
- Personal items (Souvenirs, travel insurance, visa fees.)
- Government imposed increase of taxes and/or park fees