Get a taste of Tanzania with this brief safari itinerary, visiting two of the country’s best wildlife-watching destinations. See the Great Migration of wildebeest, zebra, gazelle and impala at Serengeti National Park, then head to the incredible natural phenomenon, the UNESCO-protected Ngorongoro Crater. Both the Serengeti and the Crater are home to Africa’s Big Five (lion, leopard, elephant, buffalo and rhino), full of abundant wildlife and unforgettable safari experience.
Day 1 Fly to Serengeti National Park
- Arriving in Tanzania, on your first day, you’ll fly from the city of Arusha to the Serengeti, home to Tanzania’s most famous national park.
- The Serengeti offers some of the best wildlife viewing in Africa and is famous for greatest wildlife spectacle on Earth, the Great Migration. Every year, over two million wildebeest and zebra migrate north from the Serengeti National Park to the Masai Mara Reserve in Kenya.
Day 2 Explore Serengeti National Park
- Today, head out on safari for your first full day in Serengeti National Park. Spot Africa’s Big Five (lion, leopard, rhino, buffalo and elephant), embark on an adventurous walking safari with a local guide, or depending on the season, witness the Great Migration.
- During the annual cycle of wildebeest, zebra, gazelle and impala, the herds must brave the perilous Mara River, which runs through the Masai Mara Game Reserve on the Kenyan side and Serengeti National Park on the Tanzanian side. They face treacherous water currents and dangerous predators as they cross the river in search of greener pastures. With crocodiles lurking in the muddy waters and lions, cheetahs, leopards and hyenas patrolling the river banks, this is a particularly dangerous time to be a wildebeest or a zebra.
Day 3 Fly to Ngorongoro Crater
- Fly from the Serengeti to the Ngorongoro Crater, a unique natural phenomenon and a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- The Crater is undoubtedly one of the most breath-taking wildlife safari sites in the world, with the 600-metre high crater wall offering incredible wildlife viewing opportunities.
Day 4 Explore Ngorongoro
- Enjoy a full day exploring the Ngorongoro Crater and its surroundings.
- You can expect to see a diverse range of wildlife, including buffalo, warthog, wildebeest, zebra, hippo and elephant. There’s also a huge population of predators: lion, hyena, jackal, cheetah and leopards.
- The resident population of black rhino is a real treat, as they’re very difficult to spot elsewhere in Tanzania.
Day 5 Fly to Arusha
- You will check-out today after a half day game viewing then in the afternoon you will be driven back through the Arusha City to the Airport to complete your safari. Or an extended accommodation can be arranged for an extra fee.
- If you wish to extend your safari then it is well worth spending time in Lake Manyara and Tarangire National Parks as great complimentary safari destinations nearby in Tanzania, or trip across the sea for some time relaxing by the beach on the paradise island of Zanzibar.
- Park fees for the non-residents
- All activities unless labelled as optional
- All accommodation unless listed as upgrade
- A professional driver/guide
- All transportation unless labelled as optional
- All Taxes/VAT
- Meals & Drinks
- International flights
- Additional accommodation before and at the end of the tour
- Tips, Tipping guideline US$10.00 pp per day
- Personal items (Souvenirs, travel insurance, visa fees.)
- Government imposed increase of taxes and/or park fees