This is an amazing 6 day luxury safari experience! Tanzania national parks visited are Lake Manyara National Park, the Ngorongoro Crater, a large section of the Serengeti and Tarangire National Park. The sight of one hundred thousand wildebeests and zebras crossing the grassland Savannah is something magical and is surely one of Africa’s natural wonders. However, no matter what time of year you decide to visit, the sighting is always outstanding.
Day 1: Tarangire from Arusha city
- The morning, after breakfast, you will head to Tarangire National Park for your first game viewing of this safari.
- Tarangire is blessed with a vast number of baobab trees that will first catch your eye as you enter the park, a large proportion of which are said to be more than 1,000 years old!
- Tarangire brags for the second-highest concentration of wildlife of any Tanzanian national park (after the Serengeti) and, reportedly, the largest concentration of elephants in the world. It is also home to more than 700 resident lions.
- Later in the evening, you will proceed to your lodge for the overnight sleep.
Day 2 Serengeti National Park
- Early in the morning after breakfast, you will proceed with packed lunch boxes to the Serengeti National Park, arguably the world’s most famous wildlife reserve.
- Game viewing will be possible along the way as you cruise through the Ngorongoro Conservation Area. In Serengeti, you will spend the rest of the day game driving, before nightfall where you will be heading to your lodge for the overnight sleep
Day 3 Serengeti National Park
- After breakfast, delight yourself with a full day of game driving in the Central Serengeti, with lunch taken at one of the picnic areas.
- The Central Serengeti (also known as the Seronera region) boasts a network of river valleys that ensure year-round water supplies and keep the region incredibly rich in wildlife throughout the year.
- Lush riverine forest along the Seronera River’s banks offers important cover for the elusive leopard. You might even have the chance to witness the Great Migration, with hundreds of thousands of wildebeests, zebras and gazelles. That said, no matter where the Great Migration happens to be when you are visiting, you will always see spectacular wildlife here!
- In the evening you will proceed to your lodge, where you can sip a sundowner and review the day’s highlights at the Lodge
Day 4 Serengeti to Ngorongoro
- Early morning you will start your outward journey from the Serengeti back to the Ngorongoro Conservation Area, leaving behind the beautiful Seronera Valley.
- As predators are livelier in the cooler hours of the day, you might even see them in action.
- Lunch will be taken En-route at a designated picnic spot.
- On reaching the crater’s edge, the 19 km-diameter caldera opens up before you in all its stunning glory. This World Heritage Site is seasonally home to over 25,000 animals, including a wide variety of bird, hyenas and the “Big Five”. Dinner and Overnight at Ngorongoro Lodge.
Day 5 Ngorongoro Crater
- Have an early breakfast and then proceed up to the rim of the Ngorongoro Crater and then down 2,000 feet (over 600 meters) to the crater floor for a full-day crater tour with picnic lunch.
- Explore the forest areas inhabited by monkeys and elephants; the lake area, where you may see the flamingos; and the open savannah, where the lions hunt for food.
- If you are lucky, you might even have the chance to see the elusive black rhino.
- Late afternoon, drive back to your accommodation for overnight at the Lodge.
Day 6 Lake Manyara to Airport Drop off
- After breakfast, we head to Lake Manyara.
- Lake Manyara National Park offers breathtaking views and a large variety of habitats. Acacia woodlands, water forests, baobab strewn cliffs, algae-streaked hot springs, swamps and the lake itself. And thanks to this the small Park is able to support a large number of animal species and incredible bird life.
- Manyara has the largest concentration of baboons anywhere in the world and the lions here are also renowned for their tree climbing.
- Late afternoon drive back to Arusha and you will be dropped at the airport in time for your departure flight. If you wish to extend your safari then it is well worth spending time across the sea for some time relaxing by the beach on the paradise island of Zanzibar. An extended accommodation can be arranged for an extra fee.
- Park fees for the non-residents
- All activities unless labelled as optional
- All accommodation unless listed as upgrade
- A professional driver/guide
- All transportation unless labelled as optional
- All Taxes/VAT
- Meals & Drinks
- International flights
- Additional accommodation before and at the end of the tour
- Tips, Tipping guideline US$10.00 pp per day
- Personal items (Souvenirs, travel insurance, visa fees)
- Government imposed increase of taxes and/or park fees